lordonuthin
Oct 20, 10:01 PM
check out this thread (http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=10697). near the bottom it says about a new binary
I was looking at that and the link just gives me a whole bunch of binary text crap. I'm not sure what to do with that.
I was looking at that and the link just gives me a whole bunch of binary text crap. I'm not sure what to do with that.
BigDukeSix
Oct 26, 08:56 PM
A Verizon IPhone
Multiple Apple giftcards so I can use them to get a Mac Mini
Multiple Apple giftcards so I can use them to get a Mac Mini
Nielsenius
Apr 16, 09:42 AM
I just want to point out that there is an apparent disparity between the new Finder view options (icons, Cover Flow, etc) and the "Select File" view options. It would seem that either Apple forgot to change the slider look in the selection window, or they mistakenly changed it in Finder.
One more change I noticed is Preview quitting after exiting the last open Preview window. I love this particular change because having that Preview icon in the dock always bugged me.
One more change I noticed is Preview quitting after exiting the last open Preview window. I love this particular change because having that Preview icon in the dock always bugged me.
Mr. Retrofire
Apr 15, 02:27 PM
App Sandboxing? Since when does Lion do that??
Even 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 do that, IIRC.
Even 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 do that, IIRC.
Evangelion
Jul 25, 11:14 AM
2 Mac Mini should still be very small
Imagine two Mac Mini back-to-back. That is how much desk-space the tower would consume. Now, it could be as high as four Mini's stacked on top of each other, so the volume would be eight times as much as the Mini has, but the actual space needed on the desktop would be just two Mini's worth.
Imagine two Mac Mini back-to-back. That is how much desk-space the tower would consume. Now, it could be as high as four Mini's stacked on top of each other, so the volume would be eight times as much as the Mini has, but the actual space needed on the desktop would be just two Mini's worth.
rhinosrcool
Apr 26, 01:57 AM
LOL. love all these posts.
Can I start a post thats about how Im anxiously awaiting the END of all these "when is the new iMac coming out" threads?
I really really want to get onto the next set of never ending threads that will go something like this:
"should I get the 21" X.XX Ghz i5 or the 27" X.XX Ghz i3?"
And then everyone will get to ask "what are you going to do with it?"
and then all of the "I love the large 27" screen" and of course "I had to return the 27" screen it was too big!" And the "more cores is better" or the silly goofball with the "I think a larger Ghz number means its faster".
and then we can move on to all of the "Is 4 gigs of ram enough or should I get more?" threads
Oh, and lets not forget all of the "I wish it had a larger drive/better video/more SSD options/matte screen/full sized bluetooth keyboard/USB 3/eSATA/24" option!!" posts. Those are my favorite. Wishing, LOL. You get what you get and you dont throw a fit?
please lets move on...
Do you think that my post was okay?
What about a screen bigger than 21.5" but less than 27"?
Can I start a post thats about how Im anxiously awaiting the END of all these "when is the new iMac coming out" threads?
I really really want to get onto the next set of never ending threads that will go something like this:
"should I get the 21" X.XX Ghz i5 or the 27" X.XX Ghz i3?"
And then everyone will get to ask "what are you going to do with it?"
and then all of the "I love the large 27" screen" and of course "I had to return the 27" screen it was too big!" And the "more cores is better" or the silly goofball with the "I think a larger Ghz number means its faster".
and then we can move on to all of the "Is 4 gigs of ram enough or should I get more?" threads
Oh, and lets not forget all of the "I wish it had a larger drive/better video/more SSD options/matte screen/full sized bluetooth keyboard/USB 3/eSATA/24" option!!" posts. Those are my favorite. Wishing, LOL. You get what you get and you dont throw a fit?
please lets move on...
Do you think that my post was okay?
What about a screen bigger than 21.5" but less than 27"?
digitalnicotine
Sep 15, 06:39 PM
After my Panasonic 32" HDTV bit the dust after only 13 months (1 year warranty, of course!), I got this 42" Vizio 1080P 120 MHZ to replace it. Panasonic, I hate you!
Also got a PS3 Slim recently when my old fatty died. It's in the upper left adjacent to the 360, but you can't really see in photo because I am no photographer. :o
Due to my bad luck with electronics of late, I went against my previous convictions, and got extended warranties this time. :rolleyes:
For those considering this TV model, I'm extremely satisfied with the picture quality.
Also got a PS3 Slim recently when my old fatty died. It's in the upper left adjacent to the 360, but you can't really see in photo because I am no photographer. :o
Due to my bad luck with electronics of late, I went against my previous convictions, and got extended warranties this time. :rolleyes:
For those considering this TV model, I'm extremely satisfied with the picture quality.
notabadname
Apr 22, 05:48 PM
That seems impossibly thin. Where are they going to put the hardware? Take the thickness of the glass and backlighting & the back-plate away and there's nothing left on the lower half.
Sceptic here.
Sceptic here.
lofight
Jan 30, 09:32 AM
How does one buy stock anyway? (from the UK)
I have absolutely no idea on the subject, is it just a matter of buying a share at a couple of hundred dollars, watching Apple go through one of its "win" moments then selling it for a little profit ($50 or whatever) just as a starter? What about tax?
You can do this via your bank our internet, but i'm also a noob in this..
I have absolutely no idea on the subject, is it just a matter of buying a share at a couple of hundred dollars, watching Apple go through one of its "win" moments then selling it for a little profit ($50 or whatever) just as a starter? What about tax?
You can do this via your bank our internet, but i'm also a noob in this..
OceanView
Mar 17, 09:40 AM
75-100 long at Brea. Not looking good at the moment.
gorgeousninja
Apr 28, 05:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhh!! The white iPhone is slightly thicker than the black one... Heeeelllllllllpppppppp....we're all dooooommmmmed!!!!!!
Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhh!! The white iPhone is slightly thicker than the black one... Heeeelllllllllpppppppp....we're all dooooommmmmed!!!!!!
Ygn
Oct 31, 12:12 PM
http://storeimages.apple.com/1451/store.apple.com/Catalog/uk/Images/iphone/img/product-hero-iphone4.jpg
Hopefully. :p
Hopefully. :p
LethalWolfe
Apr 29, 05:01 PM
I say that it's not wise to just lower prices if you're going to lose money on every sale.
Selling loss leaders is a very common retail tactic and is used by just about everyone (including Apple).
Lethal
Selling loss leaders is a very common retail tactic and is used by just about everyone (including Apple).
Lethal
mattcube64
Jan 30, 04:15 PM
Been wanting a new TV for a while; and happened upon either an insanely good deal or a pricing error... in any case, managed to snag this 40" Samsung 1080p LCD for $328 at Walmart. My girlfriend picked one up, too, so we have a matching set. :p Certainly far from the nicest set on the market; but that just gives me an excuse to upgrade sooner rather than later. ;)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5402604594_298bd68093_b.jpg
And here is a picture of the iMacQuarium all set up!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5056/5402614044_1403d26b90_b.jpg
... freaking awesome, if I do say so myself.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5402604594_298bd68093_b.jpg
And here is a picture of the iMacQuarium all set up!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5056/5402614044_1403d26b90_b.jpg
... freaking awesome, if I do say so myself.
LemonsofDeath
Apr 30, 01:14 AM
Almost every song Ive come across on iTunes that costs 1.29 is the musical equivalent of a Michael bay movie.
Also I wish someone besides apple would sell songs in something besides mp3, these days we should be able to download the wav file and convert it to whatever we want.
Also I wish someone besides apple would sell songs in something besides mp3, these days we should be able to download the wav file and convert it to whatever we want.
SiliconAddict
Nov 3, 11:26 PM
VMWare is going to smoke Parallels when it comes out. I can�t wait. I'm still a little bit miffed though that no one has gotten native partition support so we can use the same partition while virtualizing or dual booting.
vincenz
Apr 15, 02:44 PM
Summer can't come soon enough...
I NEED that new version of Mail.
I NEED that new version of Mail.
Mac-Addict
Oct 24, 09:20 AM
I'm taking the plunge as well! Who needs a life savings anyway?
and why shouldn't I be in debt to my parents until christmas 07 :) (I have a crap paying weekend job..)
and why shouldn't I be in debt to my parents until christmas 07 :) (I have a crap paying weekend job..)
roland.g
Apr 25, 12:40 PM
I just bought one Friday. I guess I'm returning it.
It has been a while since the last refresh and if you follow things here, you would have known to wait.
I've got a 2.5 yr old MacBook that is feeling stretched with Aperture. I've been thinking that an iMac / iPad combination would be a good replacement.
Anyone with experience in getting iPads to work with iMacs (specifically remote access)?
I have an iPad and use iTeleport on my iPhone 4 and iPad to remote access from my home network and remotely into my iMac. Works fairly well. There is some lag but when you need to get some stuff done, it can be quite useful. I wouldn't recommend it for significant workload.
Do you guys think there will there be another refresh with Lion pre-loaded this summer? Im looking to purchase my first mac but wanted to wait until Lion drops.
They won't refresh again before Lion, probably not for another year, but they will ship with Lion when it comes out. Lion will cost you whatever it retails for, whether that is $129 or $29 (and I'm guessing it will be back to the $129 as it isn't the minor bump Snow Leopard was), with the only exception being that once they announce a release date (probably at WWDC), any machines purchased after that and before the release will be eligible for a copy of Lion at $9.99 shipping fee, so you aren't discouraged from buying during that 2-8 week period.
Skint at the moment but exactly the above.
I was looking at the 24" and held off for the update when they did the 21.5 and 27.
21.5 is too small for me really and 27 is too big.... 24 would have been the ideal size really so I held off and in the end didn't bother.
Will probably get a 24" monitor and a henge dock or maybe a mac mini instead
Honestly, I've looked at the dimensions and because of the wider aspect, the lack of an aluminum border, and almost edge to edge screen the 27" iMac is not much larger dimensionally than the 24", though the screen is larger of course.
Personally, I am waiting to update my 24" 2.8 Ghz Extreme iMac (aluminum rev. A - Aug 2007) to a new 27" but will hold out a couple extra months for a 10.7 preloaded machine. I prefer to do a clean OS install which I don't want to repeat so soon. Setting up all those apps, and copying in libraries, files, and other data from a backup is something I only want to do once.
It has been a while since the last refresh and if you follow things here, you would have known to wait.
I've got a 2.5 yr old MacBook that is feeling stretched with Aperture. I've been thinking that an iMac / iPad combination would be a good replacement.
Anyone with experience in getting iPads to work with iMacs (specifically remote access)?
I have an iPad and use iTeleport on my iPhone 4 and iPad to remote access from my home network and remotely into my iMac. Works fairly well. There is some lag but when you need to get some stuff done, it can be quite useful. I wouldn't recommend it for significant workload.
Do you guys think there will there be another refresh with Lion pre-loaded this summer? Im looking to purchase my first mac but wanted to wait until Lion drops.
They won't refresh again before Lion, probably not for another year, but they will ship with Lion when it comes out. Lion will cost you whatever it retails for, whether that is $129 or $29 (and I'm guessing it will be back to the $129 as it isn't the minor bump Snow Leopard was), with the only exception being that once they announce a release date (probably at WWDC), any machines purchased after that and before the release will be eligible for a copy of Lion at $9.99 shipping fee, so you aren't discouraged from buying during that 2-8 week period.
Skint at the moment but exactly the above.
I was looking at the 24" and held off for the update when they did the 21.5 and 27.
21.5 is too small for me really and 27 is too big.... 24 would have been the ideal size really so I held off and in the end didn't bother.
Will probably get a 24" monitor and a henge dock or maybe a mac mini instead
Honestly, I've looked at the dimensions and because of the wider aspect, the lack of an aluminum border, and almost edge to edge screen the 27" iMac is not much larger dimensionally than the 24", though the screen is larger of course.
Personally, I am waiting to update my 24" 2.8 Ghz Extreme iMac (aluminum rev. A - Aug 2007) to a new 27" but will hold out a couple extra months for a 10.7 preloaded machine. I prefer to do a clean OS install which I don't want to repeat so soon. Setting up all those apps, and copying in libraries, files, and other data from a backup is something I only want to do once.
Surely
Sep 13, 12:48 PM
http://www.x-entertainment.com/halloween/2006/beer/7.jpg
That's good stuff..... I'll have to pick some up this week.:cool:
My weekend beer purchase was some Blue Moon.
I got the 16gb "iWatch" two days ago. Another two weeks or I will be back at the store to get the new Apple TV.
Okay, we get it- you got the nano and turned it into a watch.
That's good stuff..... I'll have to pick some up this week.:cool:
My weekend beer purchase was some Blue Moon.
I got the 16gb "iWatch" two days ago. Another two weeks or I will be back at the store to get the new Apple TV.
Okay, we get it- you got the nano and turned it into a watch.
AAPLaday
May 2, 03:22 AM
Great news! Shame its taken so long but at least we got him eventually! :D
Now lets hope this is declared a national holiday and Apple releases the new iMac with a discount to celebrate :D
Now lets hope this is declared a national holiday and Apple releases the new iMac with a discount to celebrate :D
flopticalcube
Apr 11, 05:11 PM
Well, I guess in the beginning it could hurt the performance...for people, say, who are using 5 year old computers who pop in a USB 3.0 PCI card.
But for the folks who are buying computers these days with dual and quad cores that are tons of times faster than 5 year old chips, the performance hit will be minimized...and will continue to fade as the CPUs of tomorrow just keep getting better/faster while USB 3.0 stays the same.
I'm not an expert on USB...
Most people who have a computer that is 1-3 years old who upgrade to USB 3.0 are seeing 2-4x immediate performance improvements...which is killer for transfers that used to take 2 hours but now take <45 minutes. :) It might not be at its tip top best but for a $30 PCI card and the same price for a USB 3.0 drive vs. a 2.0 drive, the $30 is a great investment.
:)
I find USB 2.0 affects my C2D mini so I would suspect the progression would continue. A 2-4 fold improvement only brings it to FW800 territory in the real world. If TB had the same CPU overhead as USB, it would pull down even the fastest quad core very quickly. This is a 10 fold improvement over FW800. I can't argue with the price of USB 3.0 cards and peripherals. At least they are available.
But for the folks who are buying computers these days with dual and quad cores that are tons of times faster than 5 year old chips, the performance hit will be minimized...and will continue to fade as the CPUs of tomorrow just keep getting better/faster while USB 3.0 stays the same.
I'm not an expert on USB...
Most people who have a computer that is 1-3 years old who upgrade to USB 3.0 are seeing 2-4x immediate performance improvements...which is killer for transfers that used to take 2 hours but now take <45 minutes. :) It might not be at its tip top best but for a $30 PCI card and the same price for a USB 3.0 drive vs. a 2.0 drive, the $30 is a great investment.
:)
I find USB 2.0 affects my C2D mini so I would suspect the progression would continue. A 2-4 fold improvement only brings it to FW800 territory in the real world. If TB had the same CPU overhead as USB, it would pull down even the fastest quad core very quickly. This is a 10 fold improvement over FW800. I can't argue with the price of USB 3.0 cards and peripherals. At least they are available.
Doylem
Apr 14, 09:17 AM
Wastwater...
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8726/wastwater.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8726/wastwater.jpg
gwangung
Jul 21, 07:44 PM
By definition, having alternatives makes Apple NOT a monopoly.
Really. We have an awful lot of ill-educated people around here who think they know economics....Wayyyyyyy too many people are saying that with a straight face.
Really. We have an awful lot of ill-educated people around here who think they know economics....Wayyyyyyy too many people are saying that with a straight face.